Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Uncle Sam & the Freedom Fighters #6 of 8

This issue got lost in the shuffle during work - yeah, actual job work, and I missed reading it. I'm still digging on Renato Arlem's art for this miniseries. He matches the tone set by writers Justin Gray & Jimmy Palmiotti. I'm not sure how the team will shake out as we head to the back quarter of this series, but Gray & Palmiotti have certainly put forth a wild ride affecting all team members. In this issue we finally get to see the team fight back against the Red Bee. The cover is a bit misleading because the young Ray is not in much of the book. The final splash page does provide an excellently cool moment going forward. I hope that the Ray - both father & son - move to center stage in the final two issues. I remember reading the younger Ray's adventures in his solo series in the 90s and loved his character.

With the meat grinder that the team has been through, who knows who will be left to face the "Final Crisis". However, I have enjoyed this mini so far and look forward to its conclusion.

No comments: