Friday, March 7, 2008

Supergirl #27

After reading writer Kelley Puckett's interview where he described coming aboard "Supergirl" and the changing of his first story arc, I had high hopes that issue #27 would be a good starting point for change. Well, I must say, for the first time in a long time, I enjoyed a "Supergirl" comic. The story titled "The Girl of Tomorrow" was a very interesting and fun read. I didn't really care that regular artist Drew Johnson only drew one page and left the rest to fill-in artists Rick Leonardi and Dan Green. Puckett constructed the story so that the change in artist flowed with the story. Puckett brings all of the wierdness of his initial issues and adds dialogue and a look inside Supergirl's thoughts, which makes for a good read. I like the direction that Puckett took Supergirl here. I'm actually looking forward to the next issue.

This issue is a good jumping on point for new readers. Puckett has stated that this is the first issue of what he had planned for "Supergirl" and it looks to be an interesting ride. I hope that he can keep up the momentum going forward.

1 comment:

brett said...

i have always loved kara in all her incarnations ... however i am not fond of the fact that her enchanting innocence seems to have been tarnished over the years.