Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wonder Girl #1 of 6

Spinning out of the absolutely horrible "Amazons Attack", Wonder Girl gets a six issue miniseries and bring a lot of baggage along the way. Writer J. Torres uses the first few pages to catch us up on Wonder Girl's origins and jumps right into her life following the events of "Amazons Attack". Torres is really saddled with a load of bad editorial and writing decisions with this character. Her role in "Amazons Attack" being the biggest issue and driving force her. Another his her relationship with Robin from the pages of "Teen Titans". Both of these turn what could have been a fun book into a mess. The real problem is I just don't care and Torres didn't make me want to either.

Sanford Greene's art is not my favorite style and looks rushed. The lack of any sense of background highlights the rushed look. I will be telling my local comics shop to remove this miniseries from my pull list.

No comments: