Thursday, October 11, 2007

Justice League of America #13

The new team on "Justice League of America", writer Dwayne McDuffie and artist Joe Benitez, start their run after the "JLA Wedding Special" in a big way. Changes are happening in the JLA with John Stewart stepping in for the absent Hal Jordan and the newly reformed InJustice League making their presence known. While some don't care for Benitez's art, I found he did a great job here. He captures the various players emotions really well and his action sequences were very good. I was really impresssed with his Gorilla Grodd.

I like what McDuffie has done with Vixen given here situation from the Meltzer run. Her convesation with Superman regarding her powers was a nice touch. I appreciate that McDuffie is willing to take on the issues left by Meltzer and not just ignore them. All in all this is a very good start to the new team's run and I'm looking forward to McDuffie's action packed style.

No comments: