Thursday, October 4, 2007

Comic Mix Online Comics


Stepping outside the DC Comics box again, I wanted to point you towards ComicMix.com's online comics. I really have not ventured into the world of online comics except for the "Heroes" comics over at NBC.com. I found out about Comic Mix's coming online comics through reading The Occasional Superheroine's blog. Starting this week Comic Mix has started publishing some very interesting comics from some great writers and artists. Each comic comes in 5-6 page installments viewable through Comic Mix's online reader. So far, I have been impressed with the quality of the books. John Ostrander's "GrimJack: The Manx Cat" is the standout at this point with Mike Baron's "Black Ice" really grabbing me as well. I really enjoyed the art in "Black Ice". Robert Tinnel and Mark Wheatley's "EZ Street" is a different kind of comic and I'm interested to see where they are going with it. The art in all of the books is top notch and well above what I've seen out there on other online comics.

The 5-6 page comics really provide a taste of where each series is going and I'm going to jump on and enjoy the ride. If you are looking for quality online comics, head over to ComicMix.com and try them out.

No comments: