Friday, April 25, 2008

Superman/Batman #46

Quite the opposite of this month's "Justice League of America", "Superman/Batman" delivers on all levels. From the outstanding cover to the final splash page, writers Michael Green and Mike Johnson are hitting on all cylinders. Penciller Shane Davis continues to impress me. He gives the book a cinematic feel and captures the intensity of Batman and the strength of Superman. I'm glad he's on for this entire story arc. When I heard of this arc I was a bit "meh" on it. However, I have enjoyed the entire arc and I'm looking forward to the slam/bang conclusion.

Green & Johnson have really turned this title around. With them on the title, you can't go wrong in picking it up. If you dropped "Superman/Batman" it may be time to try it out again.

No comments: