Wednesday, April 30, 2008

DC Universe #0

Before I even got a chance to get to my LCS and pick up "DC Universe" #0, I heard the big news. I saw it on the AP, at comic sites, and even heard it discussed on Howard Stern. So, to gauge the reaction of someone not born during "Crisis on Infinite Earths" and a big Wally & Bart fan, I had my son read it first. His reaction was interesting. He didn't get that big reveal. I had to explain it to him. His entry into DC comics happened during "Infinite Crisis" so he isn't the biggest Barry fan. He did like the art saying every page was outstanding and the fact that it the issue had a story. I thought this issue was a good way to wash the bad taste of "Countdown" away. Writers Grant Morrisson and Geoff Johns stitch together trailers for the big DC books for 2008 into a very good comic. The art by DC's best is very good - worth the 50 cents alone.

I was a bit down on the coming Final Crisis as the last year of "Countdown" hasn't wowed me. Having said that, after reading this book, I'm excited about what DC has planned. Here's hoping that DC can deliver on the promise of "DC Universe".

No comments: