Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Superman/Doomsday DVD

The "Superman/Doomsday" DVD is on store shelves today. My son and I got to see this at the World Premiere during the San Diego Comic Con. We both enjoyed the movie and had a good time watching it with all of the fans. If you are expecting a blow-by-blow remake of the "Death of Superman"/"Return of Superman" from the 90s, you won't get it. This movie deals specifically with Superman's fight with Doomsday, his death, and his return. The quartet of Cyborg Superman, Superboy, Steel, and Kryptonian Superman are not dealt with here. Given that, I thought the movie was a very good reinterpreation of this event. I felt that Lex Luthor was captured very well and came across as both intelligent and evil. The voice acting was top notch as well. The only quibble that I have with the movie is the drawing style used. The big jaw, blocky drawings are not my cup of tea. With that one caveat, I'd recommend this movie.

No comments: