Thursday, September 20, 2007

JLA Movie

Superherohype.com is reporting that Warner Bros. is aggressively going ahead with the big screen adaptation of the Justice League of America. It is generally accepted that Christian Bale (Batman Begins) and Bradon Routh (Superman Returns) are not going to be attached. The lineup looks to include Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, and Aquaman. I expect a Green Latern thrown into the mix as well. Sadly Bryan Singer's "Superman: Man of Steel" is taking a backseat to this production. The report says that Warner executives are very keen on the JLA script by Kieran and Michele Mulroney. It has also been rumored that one of the heroes will die.

I'm hoping that this picture takes place after the formation of the JLA and dispenses with the origin stories. If a hero is going to die, I'm hoping they have the Barry Allen Flash sacrificing his life for the team. I'm sure that if a Green Latern makes an appearance it will be John Stewart to give the team some ethnic diversity. However, I wouldn't mind seeing Black Lighting show up. I'm a little leery of the director George (Happy Feet) Miller. I'm hoping that this is not a campy take on the JLA and that they get the right tone.

I am a big fan of both "Batman Begins" and "Superman Returns". I know a lot of fans did not care for Singer's Superman but I thoroughly enjoyed the film. DC & Warner have done a good job of ensuring quality production in their films (Catwoman is a huge exception) and I'm tentatively looking forward to seeing this hit the screen.

No comments: