Thursday, July 3, 2008

Nightwing #146

When writer Peter J. Tomasi hopped onto "Nightwing", it was like he was shot out of a cannon. This first arc has been a wonderful read, establishing Nightwing as a major player in the DCU. He's come a long way from almost being killed off in "Infinite Crisis". I hope that Tomasi has a character to work with after With what is happening to Dick over in Morrison's "Batman R.I.P.". Everytime Tomasi has Nightwing talk with Superman, I dig it. Tomasi can really nail dialogue between these two.

Art: 2 out of 4
Story: 3 out of 4
Overall: 3 out of 4

The art in this issue was passable. I liked Rags Morales previous issues much better. The fill-in artists, Don Kramer and Sandu Florea, just didn't capture the strength or grace of Nightwing like Morales can. While I'm not a big fan of fill-in artist, I do appreciate DC keeping this book on time. The closing chapter of the "Freefall" story arc wasn't as good as I would have hoped, but in the end Tomasi accomplished getting Nightwing back into the DCU at large. Tomasi's dialogue makes this book. If you didn't pick this up in floppies, I'd recommend the TPB when it comes out.

No comments: