Monday, August 20, 2007

Justice League of America #12


Both my son and I had the same reaction upon seeing Justice League of America #12, "Wow!" The cover is absolutely amazing. I hope that the DC Direct team has plans to make the cover a poster. I would buy it!

This issue is Brad Meltzer's last of a 12-issue run. I know that in my previous posts I have had some strong critiques of the editorial decisions from DC. However, with Justice League of America, I believe that DC Comics has done an excellent job of putting together a great book. Brad Meltzer has done a phenomenal job of reestablishing the Big Three (Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman) and bringing along a lot of familiar faces. "Monitor Duty" shows the different members of the team taking their turn as team monitor. While there isn't any action in this issue - besides Hawkgirl and Red Arrow having fun - I think Mr. Meltzer ended his run on a very good note. This issue serves up notes on each team member that will hopefully be fleshed out by the oncoming Dwayne McDuffie.

No comments: